Full instructions for participation will appear here shortly.
We're absolutely delighted if you wish to participate.
doing our best to organise a well run, high profile, safe and effective protest
against needless speed enforcement and it takes planning. We hope that you
will have an enjoyable day out.
Police approved safety instructions:
- Protest traffic will run in lane one and lane two only - stay out of lane three to allow for faster traffic.
- The target speed for protest traffic is 56mph.
- Maintain a safe gap from the vehicle in front at all times. 2 seconds is the minimum recommended gap in dry conditions.
driving alongside another vehicle - make sure you drive alongside a gap instead.
This gives you and the other chap 'escape space' if something unexpected
- Don't make frequent lane changes. Settle down into the biggest space you can find and stay in lane.
- Ensure that your vehicle is fully legal and in suitable condition.
- Ensure that you have sufficient fuel.
- Wear your seat belt.
- Don't use your hand-held mobile phone.
- Do not stop on the motorway.
- It is
possible that there might be enough protest vehicles that service station
car parks overfill. The Police have assured us that they will not disrupt
the protest unless a service station car park can take no more vehicles,
in which case the services entrance may be closed.